Monday, March 16, 2009

Citizen Eco-Drive Watches

 

I got this Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar Chronograph Watch #BL5250-02L
as Valentine's gift for hubby. He was not expecting it, and he is not used to having "expensive" watches (only wore something like $10 worth of watches). He loved it. Of course, I had to get Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Silhouette Crystal Accented Gold-Tone Watch #EW8842-57D
for myself as well (he gave me a different toy as his gift for me).
 

I had been eyeing these Citizen Eco-Drive at amazon.com and they sound so high-tech, not requiring batteries; only exposure to some light, sun or artificial.
However, after two weeks from purchase, mine had scratches all over. It was supposed to be scratch-resistant! My husband's had no scratch whatsoever (he was impressed!), and he had been subjecting his to more "trauma." I rarely wore my watch.

I made a phone call to amazon. They had me return it for a full refund. I got my money back. Too bad. I wanted it so much. I want to make another purchase of the same watch, but it was a disappointing experience. Should I trust Citizen again???



1 comment:

cpsanti said...

wow, at least you got a refund ;-) my husband and i use citizen watches too, albeit different models. they work well naman ;-)